Well here I am writing my first post as a ‘Mrs’ and back to baking, blogging and being busy!
I wish I could bake and blog for you all the time but its mission impossible with the business, two little ones, wedding fairs, plus fitting time in to actually see my friends and family and have a large glass of wine, or two!
Trying to sum up our holiday (and wedding) in so little words before getting to the recipe of these amazing cupcakes may be a little tough. Our wedding in Walt Disney World was truly magical, and just went way to quickly which I am sure is normal for any couple. I was actually told by my best friend who wrote me a special letter to open on my wedding day morning (didn’t cry that much!!) to enjoy every moment and not be bossed about by my family, but when you get to the actual day things that you have been stressing about for so long like finding the perfect shoes and getting your 1 year old into her pretty dress, really do not matter when the moment arrives.
With a perfect view of the castle and our family by our side, set in the beautiful Grand Floridian Resort and Vinnie carrying my dress the day was just magical. Disney went far and beyond to make our day so special, every little detail made it so perfect and I am so glad we did it how we did. Thank you to all my friends and family and to all the staff at Walt Disney Weddings and Resort we thank you millions also.
Amazing holiday and wedding aside we returned home to a cold, rainy London Gatwick and actually I do love coming back home, back to seeing people I love, home cooked english food and baking. Plus Autumn is my favourite time of year at home with Halloween and the run up to Christmas plus 7 family Birthday’s to celebrate!
So I have been doing allot of baking this week which got me thinking about my Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. I have always used my Hot Chocolate Cake Recipe but simply added more buttermilk and oil and not added any melted chocolate. But this week I discovered by keeping the brown sugar and melted dark chocolate in the recipe, it takes away that over fudgey texture, yet remains moist, chocolatey and amazingly fluffy!
Speaking from cupcake experience having tried and baked so so many cupcakes these truly are the ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES………HOORAY!
For all you bakers and busy Parent’s looking for a simple bake to impress your guests with? This Recipe is for you. You simply mix all of the dry ingredients together, then whisk all of the wet ingredients together, then add all together and stir before scooping into the cases and popping in the oven for 15 minutes.
No chocolate cupcake is complete with a light fluffy, chocolate topping and this scrummy chocolate buttercream is simply that!
So there really is no need to bake a huge impressive Birthday cake, just bake these cupcakes, decorate with sprinkles and candles and serve! I made these very simple HOORAY toppers with cocktail sticks and pink washi tape.
HIP HIP HOORAY!!
Back soon, I promise!
PS – I have had allot of wonderful feedback and comments on my photography so I have decided to dedicate some time to sharing my top Cake Photography Tips soon with you all.
- Makes 12
- 125gr Plain Flour
- 25gr Cocoa Powder (good quality)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 75gr Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 75gr Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 150ml Buttermilk
- 40ml Vegetable Oil
- 80ml Hot Coffee
- 50gr Dark Chocolate (70%+ Cocoa solids)
- 250gr Unsalted Butter (Soft)
- 300gr Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbls Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 100gr Dark Chocolate (70%+ Cocoa solids)
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line a cupcake baking tray with 12 cases.
- Sieve all of your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk to mix all together well, set aside.
- In a small bowl crack in your egg and whisk lightly and then weigh your buttermilk and oil into the bowl. Make up your hot coffee with 1 tsp of coffee granules and 80ml water, stir then add into the egg/buttermilk mix. Add your vanilla and then whisk together with a fork.
- Break up your dark chocolate and melt in the microwave, checking and stirring at 10 second intervals until smooth and creamy with no lumps.
- You are now going to add everything into the dry mix in your large mixing bowl and use your hand whisk to slowly mix everything together, scraping the sides then mixing around and around more vigorously until the chocolate cupcake mix is smooth with no lumps.
- Add your mix into the cupcake cases, I used an ice cream scoop to add one scoop per case.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes, checking with a toothpick or small sharp knife tip which should come out clean with no wet mixture on it.
- Leave to cool in the baking tin.
- Whisk your soft butter either in a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk for 3 to 4 minutes and then add your icing sugar, milk, vanilla, pinch of salt and mix for a further 2 minutes until fluffier. Scrape down the sides of a bowl with a spatular.
- Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, checking and stirring at 20 seconds until smooth and creamy with no lumps.
- Add your melted chocolate into the bowl and then mix for a further minute.
- Decorate your cupcakes as you wish. I piped my buttercream onto my cakes by adding my buttercream into a large piping bag fitted with an Ateco 887 nozzle and piping large ice cream style swirls onto the cupcake, holding the cupcake in my left hand and the piping bag in my right hand, placing the piping nozzle tip onto the centre of the cupcake and squeezing around and upwards to achieve the tall swirl, then quickly letting go lifting the nozzle tip off the buttercream top.
- Sprinkle away and then serve to enjoy!!!!
- *Please note this Recipe is courtesy of Sweet Enchanted, please give credit if duplicating or reposting.
♥ Your cupcakes will keep in a cake tin or cupcake box for up to 3 days.
♥ I always use my Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop to bake even size cupcakes and quick, no mess cupcake making.
♥ I love baking my cupcakes in my easy to clean Master Class Non-Stick Cupcake Tray
♥ I always buy my sprinkles and toppers in bulk from Mamy Sugarcraft.
*Please note this Recipe is courtesy of Sweet Enchanted, please give credit if duplicating or reposting.