Well we made it through the first week of the Holidays, and we have been here, there and everywhere from castles to carnivals (even in the rain!)
For me as a busy working Mummy, I am always in need of some fun, yummy recipes to keep my little ones at bay and baking is always the best way to keep them happy at home. This week we got allot of inspiration from Little Inspiration and her fantastic Blog. Angie shares many craft DIY’s and delicious recipes that the little ones will love to make and eat too. I was completely drawn in by her Layered Oreo & Nutella Popsicles which we had to try out.
We recently picked up this fun Disney Mickey Ear Ice lolly mould from Primark which I have been filling with either ready made squash or smoothies on a daily basis, which my two love. Angie uses Cool Whipped Topping as she is over in sunny California, so us here in the UK can use Dream Topping which we use here on trifles and I tried freezing ours without the cream, and it tastes delicious frozen.
Mila went straight for the pink one!
Smooth, creamy, chocolately with the crunch of the crushed biscuits. These pops are like a dessert on a stick and we cannot wait to make them over and over again ♥
Thank you to Angie for this delicious Recipe! I hope you all join me and get ice pop making with your little ones this summer holidays too!
I will be MIA for a few weeks with the busiest wedding cake August we have ever had here at Sweet Enchanted HQ, but I will do my best to squeeze in a Birthday Cake Recipe which I had planned to share with you all 🙂
- Makes 4
- 1 36gr Packet of Birds Dream Topping
- 5 Heaped Tbls Nutella
- 1/2 Box of Chocolate Oreo Thins
- 4 Ice Pop/Lolly Moulds
- 1/4 Pint Milk
- Crush the oreos into crumbs by either placing them into a bowl and using the end of a rolling pin or place the biscuits into a freezer bag, close and then bash with something heavy. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 pint of milk into a large bowl and whisk for a couple of minutes until thick and cream, either by hand with a whisk or like we did with an electric hand whisk.
- Add 5 Heaped tablespoons of nutella into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds, then stir well ready to add into your ice lolly moulds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dream topping into your moulds first, followed by a teaspoon of oreo crumbs, a teaspoon of melted nutella, then repeat until you reach the top of the mould.
- Place your lolly sticks firm on top and freeze overnight.
- Run your moulds under hot water for 30 seconds to remove upwards.
- *This Recipe was adapted slightly from Little Inspiration - please credit if duplicating or sharing.