Did somebody say Homemade Chocolate Chip Ice Cream?? YES WE DID!
Way back in April 2016 we made a very delicious Cake & Sprinkles Ice Cream and shared the Recipe with you all. This was an incredible and very easy homemade, no churn, creamy vanilla ice cream recipe made with cream, condensed milk and cake and is now a family favourite here at Sweet Enchanted HQ.
I have been meaning to experiment with different flavours until I came across a Chilli Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe by Georgie at The Home Cook’s Kitchen. Georgie makes and shares delicious, yet simple home cook food which is just what we love in our busy, family life!
This Recipe is her take on a classic favourite, and super easy to make.
I have two very little, yet big chocolate fans in my house, so I knew this Recipe could be a winner. I also wanted to exclude the ‘chill’ from this recipe, which we made up for with lots of chopped up pieces of luxury chocolate.
So there are 4 main ingredients in our Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Chocolate, Double Cream, Condensed Milk and Vanilla Bean Paste. We simply heat the chocolate and cream together, then chill in the fridge for an hour. We then whip the cream and chocolate together until thick and creamy and add to our condensed milk. We then add our vanilla and chocolate chips and pour into a pot to freezer overnight.
Voila! Homemade ice cream ready to scoop and serve guys!!
This Ice Cream really is so smooth, so creamy and so delicious and worth all the very little effort 🙂
- 1 Tin of Condensed Milk (397gr)
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 100gr Milk Chocolate
- 200gr Dark Chocolate (70%+ Cocoa Solids)
- Electric hand whisk or metal whisk
- Parchment or baking paper
- Break up all of your milk chocolate and 50gr of your dark chocolate into smaller pieces and add into a microwave safe bowl with your double cream.
- Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds, stirring and then reheating for another 20 seconds until all of the chocolate has melted down.
- Stir until all of the cream and chocolate has mixed together and place your bowl into the fridge for an hour to chill.
- Finely chop up your remaining chocolate into small chip size pieces.
- Take you bowl out of the fridge and use either an electric hand whisk or metal whisk (whisk vigorously) for a minute until it thickens and forms soft peaks.
- Pour your condensed milk into a large bowl and then add a tablespoon of your chocolate cream, mixing together well until all of the condensed milk turns brown.
- Then add the rest of the chocolate cream and the vanilla paste/extract on top and fold in with a spatular or wooden spoon until all combined.
- Add some of the chopped up chocolate into the ice cream mix, folding in well and then pour into a tupperware container ready to freeze over night.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top and place a piece of parchment or baking paper on top (the same size as the container). This will prevent ice crystals forming on top of the ice cream when freezing.
- Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon pre dipped in hot water to serve up scoops.
- *This Recipe has been adapted slightly from The Home Cooks Kitchen - please credit if duplicating or sharing.
♥ We always use a luxury chocolate like my favourite Menier Chocolate Patissier.
♥ This ice cream does melt very quickly, so scoop up what you need then quickly place back into the freezer.