Tree Lights twinkling, Christmas PJ’s on, A Christmas Movie playing and a mug of our delicious Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate, I cannot think of a better way to spend Christmas Eve with the family.
Our Recipe is not just a mug of drinking chocolate, just a little bit more luxurious and we just had to share it with you all, our last Recipe of 2017!
So what makes a perfect mug of Hot Chocolate? Well I prefer mine not too sweet and not too rich, just smooth, creamy and full of chocolate flavour, oh and topped off with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Our Hot Chocolate uses full fat milk which when boiled becomes really frothy and creamy, 1 level teaspoon of a good quality drinking chocolate powder and grated chocolate which melts into the milk when boiling.
For a skinny version of our Hot chocolate simply replace the full fat milk with semi skimmed milk, or Soy.
We used Clipper Fairtrade Drinking Chocolate and Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate with 70% Cocoa Solids. Do use a good quality drinking chocolate and chocolate for an amazing tasting hot chocolate drink.
Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas Everyone!
Love Enchanted xx
- Serves 4
- 4 Mugs of Whole (Full Fat) Milk
- 4 Level Tsp Drinking Chocolate
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100gr Dark Chocolate
- Measure out 4 Mug fulls of your milk and place into a pan over a low to medium heat.
- Add 1 level Tsp of drinking chocolate powder into each mug and then use a tablespoon to take out a few spoonfuls of milk from the pan into each mug and stir with a teaspoon.
- Add you vanilla into the pan, then grate your chocolate into the milk, stirring with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until the milk begins to bubble.
- Carefully fill your mugs 3/4 full.
- Top with whipped cream and mini marshmallows, and Enjoy!