A little Sunshine and warmer weather brings out the ice cream cravings in me so I say Hello Summer….well almost!
I recently saw this Recipe on Mary Berry’s Foolproof Cooking and thought WOW if this ever so simple no churn ice cream recipe really works then adaptions to this recipe are endless. Now I am one for spending hours and hours on sugar craft detailing and wedding cake decorating, however with a three year old and a toddler on the go to have a simple and delicious dessert recipe is a necessity, and of course it really does work!
So creamy, so smooth, so light and fluffy and can be served up as a dessert as slices onto plates, or ice cream scoops in cones. Simply made with just whipped cream, vanilla and condensed milk folded together then frozen for 6 hours or overnight.
The very lovely Mary Berry made some honeycomb to fold into her ice cream, but I have added swiss roll crumbs and sprinkles, for a cakey, sprinkly, fun ice cream. I have made future plans to add melted chocolate, biscuits, cookies and sweet confections into the mix before freezing, the possibilities are endless….YUM!
Please see my notes below the recipe for bakeware and tips!
Happy ‘no churn’ ice cream making…….Enjoy!
- 600ml Double Cream
- 1 Tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Small Ready Made Swiss Roll
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Sprinkles
- Medium sized cake tin or baking dish
- Cling film or parchment paper
- Line the base and the sides of a deep cake tin or baking dish with either cling film or parchment paper.
- Break up your swiss roll into smaller pieces and either blend into bread crumbs in a food blender, or crumble up by hand.
- In a large bowl whisk your double cream with an electric hand whisk until it begins to thicken, and soft creamy peaks form. Add your condensed milk, pinch of salt and vanilla and fold together until all combined.
- Sprinkle your swiss roll crumbs and sprinkles all over the top of the cream mix and then fold into several times.
- Pour your mix into the cake tin/baking dish and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
Sweet Enchanted Notes:
♥ We dipped our Askey’s Waffle Cones into melted Bright White Wilton Candy Melts and then straight into a bowl of Wonka Rainbow Nerds and sprinkles. You can use ordinary chocolate, but candy melts set very fast which is always a convenience if you are in a hurry.
♥ Ok so I know I am a baker, but sometimes parent cheats are aloud when you are so busy like me, so I used a ready made Sainsbury’s Swiss Roll.
♥ My amazing DIY Ice Cream Cone Garland is by Hello, Wonderful – Get your FREE Printable Ice Cream Garland Here.
♥ I made my ice cream in a medium sized Deep Square Cake Tin
*Recipe adapted from Mary Berry’s Heavenly Honeycomb Ice Cream Recipe